Noel, could you help us out more??
I'm amazed how many women are being left by their husbands in the cruelest ways. I don't see many men being left by their wives. I wish all these men could be imprisoned instead of taking off and finding their spiritual selves while their wives tend to their children and ailing parents. Some things never change. Noel could you give us some more in depth insight. Do any of these men wake up later in life and ever again consider their wives, children, and parents they leave behind?
Yes, many men 'wake up' later in life and do consider their wives, children and parents.
I want to point out that although there are literally hundreds of letters in this blog from women whose men have left, it by no means represents all the men going through midlife changes. I suspect it might be less than 5% of men in that situation.
There are also many men whose wives leave them at midlife, and/or have affairs. Men don't talk about that kind of thing, which is why they are not writing notes on this blog. (Although almost 99% of the notes here are from women, they only represent about 35% of the visitors to this site. the remaining 65% are men.