Use this search feature to quickly find the information you're looking for.

what do i do to try and relate to my ex husband

by shirley

The question

It has been five years now. He only texts me when really necessary, and I feel so much better that he knows I exist, but do I step back or go forward in trying to connect? He texts the children as if nothing wrong, and I still get mail for him that I have to keep saying he does not live at this address. Is it still the guilt that he feels he cannot be normal to me? I feel I have been the one being punished for something I have not done and don't deserve all this.

Noel's response

If it has been five years, it is time to move on. I suggest that when mail comes for him, simply write "not at this address" on the envelope, and put it back in the mail box.

Unless there is a particular reason, such as communicating about the children, I would not expect to be communicating with my ex-spouse.

I suggest you see a counsellor in order to help you see yourself as separate from your ex, and begin to move forward with your life.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask Noel.